Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A. W. I. A. 23: An admission

The man who claimed to be a doctor admitted he might not have leveled with me, and there were many things I might have asked him then. While I had him in a snare of his own fashioning I might have, for instance, asked him what he'd been keeping from me or what kinds of things he'd lied about.

But his admission had not come as a surprise to me. I'd already caught him in fabrications and kept silent about it, waiting, gathering ammunition for the big battle that was surely to come.

I wondered what this new ploy was. It looked like a classic counterintelligence maneuver: you give them something big so that you can keep hiding something bigger. If so, then he believed that I was the one ensnared. In that event, whether he was right or not, the best thing to do was to keep still, lest my struggle tighten the knot.

I chose therefore to remain quiet and watchful and wait to see what he let slip next.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patience is a valuable virtue...

Just sit back and watch...

December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S as in Sharpton writes: Y silencio

December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.