Thursday, August 17, 2006

A. W. I. A. 19: I can't wait any longer

I have to tell you--I can't wait any longer--what the restroom stalls were like. To understand these people, the people who came and got me, all you need to do is see these hinges in their restroom stalls. I have never seen anything like them.

At first, I thought they were solid steel; but then the true horror of them became clear to me: they are hollow aluminum tracks, giving the appearance of solidity but really more of a veneer.


There are these sick springs with protruding ends--can you see them in the photo? like claws--that resist pinching and will force the door closed when it is left open, so that the facades of the stalls always present the same unyielding faces. It makes my stomach hurt to think about what all this means. I will tell you more later.

Next

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The life of the soul before birth is a lot like the life of a mall after its death.

August 20, 2006  
Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Wow!!!!!

August 20, 2006  
Blogger L M said...

Wow what?

August 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DJ3NoDee writes, I hope springs eternal

August 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DJ3Nodee writes, I hope spings eternal

August 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now how are those diagonals? Still pretty freakin' piercing.

August 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

springs, spings, spinks.

August 22, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Donald Brief said...

I always check to see if anyone is in the stalls before I choose one. I hate seeing familiar sneakers. I always have the urge to turn out the lights in the bathroom when someone is there. As a matter of fact, being in a dark bathroom is a secret fear of mine. I keep thinking that bloody mary will get me.

September 25, 2006  
Blogger L M said...

Dr. Brief, the only thing more terrifying than familiar sneakers is unfamiliar sneakers.

September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.